What you’ll need
- One pack shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup forbidden rice
- 1 lb. of french green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups of red shredded cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 tablespoons of coconut aminos
- Coco Maple Tahini
What you probably have:
- Olive Oil
- 1 sheet tray
- 1 bowl
- 1 pot
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook your rice. Rinse black rice until water runs clear. In a pot, bring 2 1/4 cups of water, rinsed rice, and 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt to a boil. Once boiling, lower to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Shut the fire and let rice stand for 10 minutes, then fluff.
- Get ready to roast. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Slice shiitake mushrooms and tempeh. In a bowl combine slice shiitakes and rinse french beans and toss with 2 tbsp of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Place on the sheet tray, along with the sliced tempeh and drizzle the coconut aminos to coat. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing veggie and flipping tempeh half way through cook time.
- Assemble the slaw. Slice the red bell pepper into thin strips (julienned). Toss with shredded red cabbage and set aside until it’s time to plate.
- Assemble your bowl. Start with black rice as your base. Add roasted vegetables, top with shredded red cabbage slaw and drizzle with tahini sauce or miso ginger- whatever you prefer!
Top with sesame seeds!