What you’ll need
- 2, 5-7 oz. strip steaks
- 1 lb. tricolor pee wee potatoes
For the chimichurri:
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1 red chili
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
What you probably already have:
- Olive Oil
- 1 grill pan or skillet
- 1 pot
- 1 sheet tray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Boil the potatoes. Bring 8 cups of salted water to a rapid boil. Once the water is boiling, add the potatoes and boil for 10-12 minutes on high until fork tender. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare chimichurri. Finely chop all ingredients except the oil and red wine vinegar. Once chopped, add oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Smash the potatoes-line a tray with parchment paper and spray with olive oilspray. Place the cooled potatoes on the stray and with the palm of your hand, lightly press to create a “smashed” look. Spray or drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, andadd salt and pepper to taste. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Prepare the steak- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on a grill pan, BBQ, or skillet on medium high heat for 3 minutes or until screaming hot. Place steak on the grill and grill for 4-5 minutes per side. Once the steak is cooked to your liking, place aside to rest, this ensures that your juices are locked in.
- Assemble- Now it’s time to plate! Place potatoes down first, top with sliced steak and drizzle with chimichurri.