What you’ll need
- 2, 6-8 oz. strip steaks
- 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine brown rice, (20 min. cook rice is preferable to speed up the cooking process!)
- 3 bulbs of baby bokchoy
- 2 persian cucumbers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion, but you’ll only be needing half
- 4 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- Sesame seeds (for garnish,optional)
What you probably already have:
- Olive Oil
- 1 Pot
- 1 Skillet
- 1 Bowl
- Marinate your steak- place your steak in a plastic bag. Pour 1/3 cup of marinade over the steak and seal the bag, making sure there is no air in your bag. Place in the fridge for as long as possible, the longer it marinates, the tastier it becomes!
- Make pickled cucumbers- thinly slice cucumbers and 1/2 of your red onion. Place in a bowl and toss with rice vinegar. Add a pinch of salt to taste and allow the cucumbers to marinate. Place aside until serving.
- Prepare Brown Rice- Bring 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of rinsed brown rice and a 1/2 tsp of kosher salt to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, stir, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat after water is absorbed, let it sit for a few minutes, then fluff.
- Grill your steak- Heat grill pan, BBQ, or skillet on medium high heat for 3 minutes or until screaming hot. Place steak on the grill and grill for 5 minutes per side. Once the steak is cooked to your liking, place aside to rest, this ensures that your juices are locked in.
- Sauté Baby Bok Choy- Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp of oil on medium high heat. Crush or mince the garlic cloves and sauté until fragrant- be sure not to burn the garlic as it burns very easily! Place shredded bok choy in the pan and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Assemble your bowl- start with your brown rice, this should be the base of your bowl. Slice well-rested steak against the grain and place on one side of the bowl. Place sautéed bok choy on the opposite side of the bowl. Place pickled veggies in the middle of the bowl, garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Drizzle with Coco Oil-Free Miso Ginger Dressing for an added burst of flavor.