What you’ll need
- 2 Strip Steaks
- 2 Hearts of Romaine
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 2 tsp of Garlic Powder
What you probably already have:
- Olive Oil
- Grill/Grill Pan/Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 Sheet tray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse, drain and dry chickpeas. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until crisp.
- Prepare your grill pan. Lightly oil and heat on medium high heat until slightly smoking.
- Season steaks generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill steaks for about 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Let steaks rest for 5-8 minutes on a cutting board to lock in the juices.
- Slice romaine hearts length-wise (keeping the root on!). Rinse (or soak for 5 minutes in a bit of white vinegar and water) very well, keeping the hearts intact. Dry well. Brush the cut sides of the romaine and season with salt and pepper. Grill cut-side down without moving the hearts. Grill until charred- about two minutes.
- Slice steaks. Plate romaine with sliced steak, crispy chickpeas and drizzle with as much dressing as you’d like!
- Serve and enjoy!