What you’ll need
- 1 Coco coffee rubbed strip steaks or 2 strip steaks and 2 tbsp of Coco Coffee Rub
- 3 ears of corn
- Coco Hot Stuff Spice, about 1 tbsp 1
- 1 jalapeno
- White vinegar, about 4 tbsp.
- Butter Lettuce, for taco shells (you can also use soft tortillas of your choice
What you’ll need:
- Olive Oil
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 skillet, or grill pan
- 1 sheet tray
- Optional: Spicy Mayo for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pickle jalapenos. Thinly slice jalapeno and place into a bowl. Pour white vinegar over the slices and season generously with salt and a pinch of sugar, you may also use agave for this step. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Prepare your taco shells. Slice off the root of the butter lettuce. Tear leaves off to mimic taco shells. Wash leaves and lay on a paper towel to dry.
- Cook steak. Heat up a skillet with a bit of oil on medium high heat. Sear steak for 4-5 minutes per side, depending on how you like it cooked. Set steak aside to rest. Once steak is fully cooled slice into thin slices, against the grain.
- Cool and slice corn. Once the corn is nice and golden, remove from the oven and allow it to cool before slicing. Slice corn off the cob into a bowl and squeeze fresh lime.
- Assemble your tacos. Use lettuce and your base, next fill with steak slices and top with roasted corn and pickled jalapenos.
For an added kick, drizzle over some spicy mayo or hot sauce!