What you’ll need
- 2 Strip Steaks, or Coco Pre-Spiced Coffee Rubbed Steak
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, whole
- 4 Persian Cucumbers
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Dill
For the salad dressing:
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper, to taste
What you probably already have:
- Olive Oil
- 1 Grill Pan or Skillet
- 1 Pot
- Boil the potatoes. Place sweet potatoes in a pot and fill with just enough water to cover the potatoes. Boil until fork tender, usually for about 30-35 minutes.
- Prepare the salad. Slice cucumbers into thin rounds. Finely chop dill and toss with cucumbers. Set aside. (Do not dress the salad until right before serving)
- Grill the steak. Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a grill pan or skillet on a medium flame. Once the oil is hot, place the steak in the skillet and grill for 8-10 minutes per side, depending on how well done you like your steak.
- Prepare the mash. Once the potatoes are fork tender, remove them from the water and allow them to cool. Once cooled, peel the skin off and mash with a potato masher, fork, or for a creamier texture, use an immersion blender to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress the salad and serve!